The Grove Community Learning Centre
1 Leake Street, Peppermint Grove, WA 6011
Telephone: 9286 8600
The Grove Community Learning Centre
Aided by a grant from Lotterywest, The Grove Community Learning Centre was opened in August 2010. It is a shared facility between the Towns of Cottesloe and Mosman Park and the Shire of Peppermint Grove.
The Grove Community Learning Centre is a welcoming, attractive venue for a wide variety of learning and social activities.
It encompasses learning activities that are non-accredited and non-formal in nature and which contribute to the development of a person’s skills and knowledge, and encourages social participation in our local community.
How to find us
The Grove Community Centre is located at the corner of Stirling Highway and Leake Street, Peppermint Grove opposite the Cottesloe Central Shopping Centre.
We are situated within The Grove Precinct between the Shire of Peppermint Grove offices and The Grove Library.
Basement parking is located off Leake Street.
Public Transport Options
- A bus stop is located on Leake Street directly outside The Grove Precinct (Stop No: 19621). ‘103’, ‘98’
- 1 Minute walk from Grove Shopping Centre bus stop on Stirling Highway (Stop No: 10412) ‘99’, ’103’
- 2 minute walk from the bus stop outside the Peard Real Estate office on Stirling Highway –opposite the Grove Shopping Centre (Stop No:10356) ‘98’, ‘102’, ‘103’
- We are a 5 -10 minute walk from the Cottesloe Train Station.
We encourage the use of public transport as a sustainable transport option. Journey planning can be done at – http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/Home/JourneyPlanner/tabid/56/Default.aspx
We also have bike racks located at the entrance to the building or a bike locker/storage room in the basement car park if you wish to ride your bike to The Grove Precinct.
What we offer
This Community Learning Centre is available seven-days-a-week as a venue for a variety of community activities.
There are also a number of privately run activities for which you need to phone individual organisations/convenors listed as The Grove Precinct does not take these bookings:
- Westcoast Community Centre Inc run community activities in the centre on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays such as Mah Jong, Sudoku, Bridge, various art and craft classes, cooking classes and demonstrations, talks, outings, music and theatre events and physical activity classes. For more information go to: www.westcoastcommunity.com.au or phone 9286 8676.
- Child and Adolescent Community Health offer a range of parenting programs in the community centre on Wednesdays by Child Health Nurses which include Open Clinics, New Parent groups, Introduction to Solids and Toddler information sessions. For more information phone 9286 8669.
- Community groups such as Men and Women’s Probus Clubs and University of the Third Age hold their group meetings in the centre on Mondays.
- Community classes by private hirers are also available some evenings and weekends. E.g.- yoga classes.
- Community Events are run by community groups, private hirers, local and state government organisations, etc, for meetings, arts/cultural events, presentations, workshops and seminars and these are held mainly on week-ends and evenings.
Schedule of Events
To find out what is happening during the month in the Community Learning Centre please click on the ‘Whats On?’ tab on The Grove Precinct website and ‘The Grove Schedule of Events’ will appear. Details of each learning and social activity are provided here with contact details listed.
The Grove Community Centre is available for hire 7 days a week between the hours of 8.00am – 10.30pm depending on availability and for approved purposes. For enquiries and to apply for room hire please contact The Shire of Peppermint Grove on (08) 9286 8600 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at The Shire office at 1 Leake Street, Peppermint Grove, WA, 6011 during office hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm.
This centre is not available as a hall for hire for parties or functions that are not open for all the public to attend. There are several other halls for hire within the Towns of Cottesloe and Mosman Park areas that may be available for residents to hire for functions and one-off social events.
Room Hire bookings of a recurring nature are only available Monday to Friday in the evenings. Recurring bookings cannot be made during weekends but one off community events are very welcome.
The occasional Monday morning and/or afternoon (2 -3hr timeslot) during the week may still be available for one-off meetings/events. Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays during school holidays may also be available.